Has anyone ever ended a conversation through text or email with the acronym “BBG,” leaving you to wonder what they mean? Or, perhaps you just welcomed a new infant daughter into your family, and a friend said, “Congrats on your BBG!” Or, maybe you came across the acronym “BBG” while working out at the gym.
If you’re looking for information on this commonly used acronym, look no further and keep reading — we’ll tell you everything you need to know about BBG.
What Is the Definition of BBG?
Our word of the day, “BBG,” is used as both an acronym and an initialism contraction.
What we mean here is that BBG is primarily an acronym, but it is also articulated utilizing each individual letter — pronounced here as “bee-bee-gee.”
When found on social media or used via text, BBG primarily typically means best be going or better be going. Though if you find yourself around the gym working on your cardio, perhaps doing a few lunges, you may hear BBG used to reference bikini body guide — a program devised by Instagram star and Australian-based personal trainer Kayla Itsines.
BBG can also stand as an abbreviation for baby girl. Although fathers may use this slang term, it is primarily used by someone’s significant other as the “baby,” here is used to reference someone they adore, rather than their actual small child.
What Are the Common Meanings for The Acronym BBG?
BBG is a popular acronym that can mean a number of things, such as:
- Beautiful Baby Girl — Used to describe something that is desirable or cute; primarily used as a colloquial term between two or more females.
- Boing Boing Gadgets — A weekly podcast led by Mark Frauenfelder, Jason Weisberger, and Xeni Jardin, who, along with various guests, review all sorts of fun products
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden — This botanical garden is located in the borough of Brooklyn, New York City, US, and was founded in 1910 utilizing land from Mount Prospect Park.
- Broadcasting Board of Governors — Though they have since changed its name, the USAGM, or the United States Agency for Global Media, was once known as the Broadcasting Board of Governors.
- Business Benefits Group — This insurance brokerage and full-service benefit group is located in Fairfax, Virginia, within the United States.
- B’nai B’rith Girls — The women’s order of BBYO or the B’nai B’rith Youth Organization, which is an international youth-led sorority for high school Jewish youth
- Bellevue Botanical Garden — Located in Wilburton Hill Park in Bellevue, Washington, U.S.
- Butaritari Atoll, Butaritari Atoll, Kiribati — BBG, as used here, is an airport code for an airport located in the Pacific Ocean island nation of Kiribati.
- Black Books Galore — Founded by Toni Trent and Donna Rand, they led the United States in organizing festivals of African American children’s books. Additionally, they are both authors of the books with the same title: Black Books Galore!
- Beauquier Belloy Gauvain — A law practice based out of France
What Are Some Less Common Meanings of BBG?
The acronym can also stand for a few other less common things, including:
- Business Banking Group
- Blue Badge Guide
- Bedside Blood Glucose
- Brighton Goes Gospel
- Bare Board Group
- Big Black Gal
- Beta Beta Gamma
- Bleu Brillant G
- Biri Bizi Gözetliyor
- Big Black Guy
- Big Booger Getter
- Bouzidi Brothers Group
- British Business Group, Dubai & Northern Emirates
- British Brands Group
What Are Translations of BBG?
As we hope you can see by reading so far, the acronym BBG has quite a few various meanings.
As such, it may be better to use the full form of the word when chatting with your peers from all over the world. Below you will find translations of the two of the most commonly found uses for BBG; beautiful baby girl and bikini body guide.
Translations for Beautiful Baby Girl (BBG)
- Afrikaans — pragtige baba meisie
- Arabic — طفلة جميلة
- Bulgarian — красиво момиченце
- Chinese (simplified) — 美丽的女婴
- Croatian — lijepa djevojčica
- Czech — krásná holčička
- Danish — smuk baby pige
- Dutch — mooi babymeisje
- Finnish — kaunis tyttövauva
- French — belle petite fille
- German — schönes kleines Mädchen
- Greek — όμορφο κοριτσάκι
- Italian — bella bambina
- Japanese — 美しい女の子の赤ちゃん
- Korean — 아름다운 아기 소녀
- Norwegian — vakker baby jente
- Polish — piękna córeczka
- Portuguese — menina bebê bonita
- Russian — красивая девочка
- Spanish — hermosa niña
- Swedish — vacker flicka
- Thai — สาวสวย
- Turkish — güzel kız bebek
- Ukrainian — красива дівчинка
- Vietnamese — bé gái xinh đẹp
Translations for Bikini Body Guide (BBG)
- Afrikaans — bikini liggaam gids
- Arabic — بيكيني دليل الجسم
- Bulgarian — бикини ръководство за тяло
- Chinese (simplified) — 比基尼身体指南
- Croatian — vodič za tijelo u bikiniju
- Czech — průvodce tělem v bikinách
- Danish — bikini krop guide
- Dutch — bikini body gids
- Finnish — bikini-kehon opas
- French — guide du corps en bikini
- German — Bikini Körper Anleitung
- Greek — οδηγός σώματος μπικίνι
- Italian — guida al corpo bikini
- Japanese — ビキニボディガイド
- Korean — 비키니 바디 가이드
- Norwegian — bikini kroppen guide
- Polish — przewodnik po ciele bikini
- Portuguese — guia corpo biquíni
- Russian — бикини боди гид
- Spanish — guía corporal bikini
- Swedish — bikini kropp guide
- Thai — คู่มือร่างกายบิกินี่
- Turkish — bikini vücut rehberi
- Ukrainian — посібник з тіла бікіні
- Vietnamese — hướng dẫn cơ thể bikini
To recap, the acronym BBG can stand for quite a few things, but the acronym is primarily defined as bikini body guide, better be going, or beautiful baby girl.
Remember, to avoid any confusing conversations amongst peers and friends; it may prove to be a tad better to use the full form unless you have proper context.