Do you know the definition of RDM? This article will provide you with all of the information you need on the abbreviation RDM, including its definition, usage, example sentences, and more!
What does the acronym RDM stand for?
According to Sports Keeda, the acronym RDM stands for Random Death Match. This abbreviation is commonly used in video games like Grand Theft Auto, or GTA. In a roleplay game like Grand Theft Auto, players should rarely find themselves in these scenarios. However, novice roleplayers may fall victim to them. In an RDM, random players kill one another off. Constantly performing an RDM can get a player kicked off of a server.
Related abbreviations include another GTA term, VDM, which stands for Vehicle Death Match. In a vehicle death match, another player on the internet will hit a player’s vehicle or the player themselves with their own vehicle. It ruins the immersive quality of the game if someone smashes into a vehicle or person for no discernable reason. The vehicles are the property of their respective owners. Just like in real life, if you crash into someone on purpose with no reasoning, this is cause for punishment and consequence.
The game Grand Theft Auto certainly has many trademarks on its properties, particularly in North America. There are also a number of keyboard shortcuts that can make the game more enjoyable. Some of these might have you press J or press question mark. The rest of the keyboard shortcuts can be found at Shortcut World. GTA, like other games, has various terms that one might be unfamiliar with, like the acronym of RDM or VDM, so it is important to learn the useful information of similar terms to play the game at its maximum enjoyment.
According to The Free Dictionary, the acronym RDM can be used to mean much more than random Deathmatch. This acronym has a plethora of other potential meanings, though these are less common. If you do decide to use one of these alternate definitions, make sure that you provide the reader or listener with the appropriate context so that they can infer the correct meaning of the acronym. This should be standard with any abbreviation that you use. Related acronym searches might include the following.
- Relocation Design Memorandum (USACE)
- Robust Decision Making (research methodology)
- Rhythms del Mundo (musical collaboration)
- Remote Device Management (protocol used in theatre lighting equipment/lighting console, dimmers)
- Ring Deutscher Makler (German Realty Association)
- Reichle & De-Massari (cabling specialist; Switzerland)
- Rooms Division Manager
- Remote Deployment Manager
- Reduced Density Matrix (physics)
- Requirements Decision Memorandum (system engineering / requirements development)
- Reservation Data Maintenance (India)
- Reference Data Management
- Rats de Marée (French band)
- Research Development Manufacturing (various organizations)
- Recoil Distance Method
- Reduced Diameter Mast (windsurfing)
- Raw Disk Mapping
- Resource Description Messages
- Regional Deployment Manager (various organizations)
- Restaurant Department Management
- Relations et Diffusion de la Musique (French: Music Relations and Distribution)
- Résistance des Matériaux (French)
- Roll Drive Motor
- Recherches en Didactique des Mathématiques (French: Research in Mathematics Education)
- Rupt-De-Mad (French radio station)
- Raw Device Mapping (VMware)
- Rich Domain Model
- Ramped Dumped Barge (US Navy)
- Réunionnais du Monde (French: World Reunion)
- Red Drum (FAO fish species code)
- Redmond, Oregon Airport (Amtrak station code; Redmond, OR)
- Responsible Division Manager
- Rapid Draining Material (engineering)
- Red Mage (Final Fantasy, gaming)
- Rural Development Management (various schools)
- Raw Disk Map (VMware)
- Ronald D. Moore (sci-fi actor)
- Residue-Division Multiplexing
- Rovescio della Medaglia (Italian band)
- Relational Data Model
- Requirements Development Manager
- Rivière du Mât (French wine and spirits company)
- Russian Doll Model (bandwidth allocation)
- Radarman (US Navy)
- Radiation Detection and Measurement
- Réseau des Mécaniciens (French: Network Mechanics)
- Read Me File
- Registry of Digital Masters (libraries)
- Remotely Delivered Mines
- Retail Design Manager (various locations)
- Real-Time Data Manager (software)
- Radiation Design Margin
- Relative Distance Microdiscovery
- Reliably Delivered Message
- Raima Data Manager
- Resource Data Management
- Rand Daily Mail (newspaper; South Africa)
- Resource Definition Macro
- Regional Data Manager
- Remote Data Module
- Remote Diagnostic Management
- Recruit Distribution Model
- Reference Data Model
How can the acronym RDM be used in a sentence?
The acronym RDM will most commonly be used in reference to the video game Grand Theft Auto. You might hear gamers use this term on a stream or a new comments, or if you are familiar with the game and play it with your friends, it might come up in conversation. Below are examples of RDM being used in a sentence. In this example, Jason and Haven were playing Grand Theft Auto the previous night. They discussed the game at school the next day.
Haven: What happened to you last night? I saw you on and then poof! Where’d you go?
Jason: Ugh, this guy kept RDMing me! It was so annoying. I think he ended up getting kicked off of the server, but by that time, it was already too late and my mom made me turn off the game.
Haven: That’s so annoying. I hate it when people try to ruin the game for everyone.
Jason: I agree! I like being immersed in the world of the game, and when people constantly RDM or VDM, it ruins it for me. I just want to drive around!
Here, Haven and Jason use the terms RDM and VDM to reference the game Grand Theft Auto. They are frustrated when different players on the server perform these acts, because they feel that it ruins the game for everyone involved.
Overall, the full form of the slang term RDM means random death match. This shorthand is used in roleplay videogames like Grand Theft Auto, a game in which people steal automobiles. This is considered a kickable offense, and can get a player kicked off of a server by admins.