Do you know the definition of PPL? This article will provide you with all of the information you need on the abbreviation PPL, including its definition, usage, and more!
What does the acronym PPL stand for?
According to Cyber Definitions, the acronym is an abbreviation for the word people. This Acronym is commonly used in text messages and on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This is considered a very casual slang term and should be reserved for use in such casual contexts.
According to The Free Dictionary, the abbreviation PPL can stand for much more than just the slang term for people. This abbreviation has a plethora of other definitions. While these definitions are still valid, they are less common, and should be used sparingly. If you do decide to use one of these alternate definitions for the acronym PPL, make sure that you provide the reader with the proper context so that they can infer the correct meaning.
- Preliminary Project Letter (Ex-Im Bank lending procedure)
- Process Programming Language
- Persistent Programming Language
- Pulse Path List
- Pence per Liter (product rate)
- Personal Premises Liability (insurance)
- Performance Planning Lead
- Pokémon Puzzle League
- Principles of Programming Languages (computer science)
- Path Programmable Logic
- Plastic Plain (piping)
- Physical Placement of Logic
- Product Placement
- Policy and Procedures Library (University of Queensland; Australia)
- Pocket Programming Language
- Public Policy and Legislation (various organizations)
- Plant Physiology Laboratory
- Preferred Products List
- Provincetown Public Library (Provincetown, MA)
- Phase Programming Language
- Providence Public Library (Providence, Rhode Island)
- Potential Problem Loans
- Professional Paintball League
- Prototypical Programming Language
- Pocket Programming Language (ArianeSoft)
- Pelham Public Library (Pelham, AL)
- Pc-Board Programming Language
- Pacific Precision Laboratories, Inc.
- Preferred Parts List
- per Pixel Lighting
- Peace Palace Library (The Hague, Netherlands)
- Priority Planning List
- Paid Personal Leave
- Pusat Pendidikan Luar (Malay: Rural Education Center)
- Parts Price List
- Pay Per Lead
- Petersburg Public Library (Petersburg, AK)
- Parma Polyhedra Library (C++)
- Petropars Limited Co.
- Passive Acoustic Propagation Loss
- Pervasive Parallelism Laboratory (Stanford University)
- Parts Provisioning List (various organizations)
- Pizza Pizza Limited (Canada)
- Partially Polarized Light
- Preprocessing Parameter Load
- Private Pilot License
- Prêt Paris Logement (French: Paris Housing Loan; France)
- Programmatic Project Leader
- Point-to-Point Link (Nortel)
- Polar Plasma Laboratory
- Packet Processing Language
- Pre-Paid Legal
- Phonographic Performance Ltd
- Pure Prairie League (band)
- Planetarion Player (game)
- Professional Practice Leader (nursing)
- Pleasanton Public Library (Pleasonton, CA)
- Packet Presentation Language
- Penfield Public Library (Penfield, NY)
- Provisioning Parts List
- Planning Parts List (US NASA)
- Pickerington Public Library (Pickerington, OH)
- Plasma Physics Laboratory
- Polymorphic Programming Language
- Pakistan Petroleum Ltd
- Pre-Planned Launch
- Public Procurement Law (various locations)
- Protectors of Public Lands (Australia)
- Pennsylvania Power & Light
- Pawtucket Public Library (Pawtucket, RI)
- Programmable Protocol Language
- Portsmouth Public Library (various locations)
- Profit Participating Loan
- Patch Panel Label
- Prairie Public Library (various locations)
- Project Programming Library
- Pataskala Public Library (Pataskala, OH)
- Preferential Planning List
Is the acronym PPL casual or formal?
The acronym PPL is very casual and should never be used in professional or formal settings. Like many slang words and text slang, this term is only appropriate to use in casual, relaxed settings. If you are in a formal or professional setting, such as a business email or letter, you should opt to use the full form of PPL. It is perfectly acceptable to use the acronym PPL when texting, or on social media. One may be able to get away with using PPL on a work instant messenger, but exercise caution. You would not want someone getting offended by your use of slang.
How can the abbreviation PPL be used in a sentence?
The abbreviation PPL can be used in many different casual sentences and situations. Make sure that you use the abbreviation PPL in a casual setting, and not a formal or professional one. Try using this abbreviation of the day in a sentence today. In the below example, Megan and Heidi are discussing the high school yearbook via text message. They are on the yearbook committee.
Megan: Did u see the inappropriate comment Chad tried to put as his yearbook quote? Some ppl are ridiculous.
Heidi: Not surprised he fails all the quizzes in Ms. Hutchinson’s class. He’ll flunk out by October or November. Did u add the bibliography to the yearbook newsletter?
Megan: Yep! Ppl bought ads, I’ll have it uploaded tonight. Can u test it on a different browser? Some ppl complained that their clicks didn’t work.
Heidi: 4 sure!
Here, Heidi and Megan use the abbreviation PPL frequently as an abbreviation for the word people. In this next example, Chad and Ms. Hutchinson will also use the term PPL.
Chad: Hey Ms. H, I kno ppl are talking abt studying 4 the exam 2gethr, but idk who. Do u kno?
Ms. Hutchinson: First of all, Chad, this message is nearly illegible. Please look up how to properly write an email. Second of all, I would suggest studying with either Megan or Heidi for the exam. They have the highest grades in the class, and I am sure they would be happy to help you out. Best of luck.
Chad: Thanks so much Ms. H! I will!
Finally, Heidi, Megan, and Chad are discussing the exam.
Heidi: So, I think we should all start by studying the American Revolution. Chad, what year did the American Revolution start?
Chad: IDK…. 1950?
Chad: Ppl lived in America in 1775?!?!
Overall, the acronym PPL means a shorthand slang word for the word “people.” You will see this term used all over the internet on social media sites as well as in text messages. This term is part of categories of slang terms that are acceptable in casual speech and text, but not in formal settings. Use the full form of PPL in professional or formal contexts. Try using this abbreviation of the day in a casual sentence today.