Do you know the definition of PNP? This guide will provide you with all of the information you need on the acronym PNP, including its definition, usage, example sentences, and more!
What does the acronym PNP stand for?
According to Cyber Definitions and Urban Dictionary, the term PNP most often stands for “party and play.” In this case, the “n” stands for “and” in this abbreviation. This is also sometimes referred to as “party ‘n’ play.” This term is commonly used on dating sites and mature adult chat rooms to refer to having sex while high on drugs. The most commonly used drug in PNP is crystal meth, though cocaine use and ecstasy use are also popular. Someone might see the term PNP in a personal ad and should be aware that the person posting the ad is looking to hook up while doing hard drugs. This is also known as chemsex, a slang term for performing sexual activities while high.
According to Drug Free World, crystal meth is short for the term crystal methamphetamine, and is one form of the drug known as methamphetamine. People usually snort, smoke, or inject the drug with a needle. Drugs like crystal meth are incredibly dangerous because it creates false senses of happiness, confidence, and energy, as well as decreased appetite. This is known as a “rush” and is highly addictive and dangerous. These are illegal drugs which are dangerous and potent. Methamphetamine is in the same class as cocaine and can be known as crank, meth, chalk, or speed, amongst many other street names. Meth will systematically destroy a user’s body and is associated with memory loss, psychosis, heart and brain damage, and even death. Meth is highly addictive and creates devastating, sometimes lifelong dependence. It is one of the hardest drug addictions to treat.
Also according to Drug Free World, ecstasy is a form of MDMA. This drug was incredibly popular in the 1980s and was legal until 1985 due to safety concerns. This is due to the fact that dealers began selling drugs that were similar to ecstasy but that contained little to no MDMA. This concoction of other drugs, including LSD, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and others – like caffeine, rat poison, and dog dewormer – are incredibly dangerous, especially when taken in combination. People have no idea what is really in ecstasy pills and these dangers are increased because the person does not really know what drugs they are taking. This is most commonly seen in a pill form, but ecstasy can also be injected. Liquid ecstasy is GHB, which is a nervous system depressant that is found in many cleaning solvents. Ecstasy remains illegal.
According to The Free Dictionary, the acronym PNP can stand for much more than just “party and play,” though these alternate definitions are far less common. While these definitions are still valid, one should use them with caution to avoid any confusion. If you still choose to use one of these alternate definitions rather than the full form of the phrase you intend, make sure to provide the reader or listener with proper context so that they can infer the correct meaning. This should be standard practice with any acronym that has more than one potential meaning to avoid confusion.
- Passed, but Not Promoted
- Peer Networking Protocol
- Press N Peel
- Policía Nacional del Perú
- Pen(cil) and Paper (role playing games)
- Paper and Pencil
- Private Numbering Plan
- Philippine National Police
- Politics and Prose (Washington DC book store)
- Psychogenic Nocturnal Polydipsia
- Past National President
- Provincial Nominee Program (Canadian Immigration)
- Pulse Narrowband Processor
- Perdona Nuestros Pecados (Spanish: Forgive Our Sins; Argentinian TV show)
- Pukaskwa National Park (Canada)
- Propylene Glycol N-Propyl Ether
- Professional Nursing Practice (various locations)
- P-type, N-type, P-type (transistor)
- Ports and Protocols
- Private Nonprofit
- People’s National Party (Jamaica)
- Pakistan National Party
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Plug and Play
- Plug N Pray
- Partido Nacionalista Peruano (Spanish: Peruvian Nationalist Party; Peru)
- Proved Not Producing (oil/gas industry)
- Pilanesberg National Park (South Africa)
- Playstation Network Platform
- Purine Nucleoside Phosphorylase (enzyme)
- Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonitis
- People’s National Party
- Pull Notice Program (State of California, Department of California Highway Patrol)
- Piastrinic Neutralization Procedure
- Progressive National Party
- Proliferative Necrotizing Pneumonia
- Positive Negative Positive
- Pretty ‘n Pink
- Provincial Non-Profit (housing program; Canada)
- Perspective-N-Point (computer vision)
- Placement and Proficiency (education; Illinois)
- Probability of No Penetration
- Positive-Negative-Positive (transistor)
- Passauer Neue Presse (German newspaper)
- Partido Nuevo Progresista (New Progressive Party, political party, Puerto Rico)
- Pre-Negotiation Plan
- Policy and Procedure
- Packaging & Preservation
- Public and Nonprofit (various organizations)
- Peace and Protection (mIRC script)
- Podocarpus National Park (Ecuador)
How can the acronym PNP be used in a sentence?
While the acronym PnP is most commonly seen in online dating ads or adult chatrooms, it can also be used in sentences. In this example, two friends discuss PnP.
Friend 1: Have you ever done a little PnP?
Friend 2: No, it scares me. My family has a history of addicts, so I’m sober. Those drugs are really dangerous and I don’t want to take them, especially with a stranger.
Friend 1: I totally agree. It’s really dangerous. It’s sad to see people who are addicted who might do that just to get a fix.
Overall, the acronym PNP most often stands for “party and play.” This is a term that is commonly seen in online dating ads or adult websites and refers to the act of having sex while high on drugs. The poster is usually referring to crystal meth when PnP is mentioned, but other drugs like ecstasy and heroin are also common.