Do you know the definition of OBJ? This article will provide you with all of the information you need on the abbreviation OBJ, including its definition, usage, example sentences, and more!
What does the acronym OBJ stand for?
The abbreviation OBJ has a plethora of different meanings. According to The Free Dictionary, this term has multiple different definitions – some are acronyms and initialisms, in which the letters O, B, and J all stand for different words. Some are simply abbreviations for words that start with OBJ. Since this term has so many different potential meanings, this means that one should be very careful when using OBJ in a sentence. You will want to make sure that you provide the reader with the proper context so that they can discern the intended meaning. When in doubt, use the full form of the word or phrase you mean with OBJ. This will help eliminate confusion and ensure that the recipient takes the correct meaning from OBJ. This should be standard practice for any acronym or abbreviation that has more than one potential meaning
- Orlando Business Journal – According to BizJournals, the Orlando Business Journal, or OBJ, provides breaking business news both online and in print. This business journal is based in Orlando, Florida and is updated daily.
- Official Black Jester (website)
- On-Board Jammer
- Objective – According to Merriam-Webster Unabridged English Dictionary, the word objective can either be used as a noun or an adjective. As a noun, this is used to refer to some goal or aim toward which efforts are directed. As an adjective, this word refers to the state of not being swayed by personal feelings or prejudices.
- Object Marker (linguistics)
- Object Replacement Character
- Object File – According to File Info, an OBJ file extension is a 3D image format that can be exported and later opened by many different types of 3D image editing software. This file will contain 3D coordinates, textures, and other information. These might also store references to MTL files that have shading information on the object. OBJ files can be opened by Photoshop, Maya, TurboCAD, Blender, and more!
- Olusegun Obasanjo (president of Nigeria) – According to Britannica, he was born in March 1937 in Nigeria. He is a Nigerian general, diplomat and statesman and was the first military ruler in Africa to give power to a civilian government. He served as president from 1999-2007. HE sought to eliminate poverty, reduce corruption, and establish a democratic system in Nigeria.
- Radar Training Device (US Navy) – According to Nature, a radar training device was used by the US Military for the crews to gain experience. This allowed soldiers to make mistakes before going out in the field. OVer 70 different types of trainers were developed for soldiers to train on numerous different radar systems.
- Oh Be Joyful (beer; UK) – According to Untappd, Oh Be Joyful is an American style Pale Ale developed by Deschutes Brewery. This beer is made from 100% Amarillo hops and has a 6.3% alcohol by volume.
- Offences Brought to Justice (UK; also seen as OBTJ) – According to Parliament Publications, the OBJ or OBTJ is used to reference police achievements. This refers to the amount of criminals that were apprehended or brought to justice.
- Orange Blossom Jamboree (Florida) – According to Orange Blossom Jamboree, the OBJ is a music festival that is held annually in Brooksville, Florida. There are many bands and vendors present and it is appropriate for all ages.
- Ocala Business Journal (business & finance) – According to Ocala, the Ocala Business Journal is a Marion County-based online publication that is aiming to provide information on the opportunities and challenges of a 21st century marketplace.
- Objectivist Party (politics) – According to Objectivist Party, this political group seeks to promote Ayn Rand’s philosophy of Objectivism. Ayn Rand is a philosopher and novelist.
- Object – According to Dictionary, the word object is a noun that is used generally to refer to a thing. This thing is visible or tangible, unlike a thought or idea. According to Thesaurus, the below words are synonyms for the word object.
- QueryObject Systems Corporation (stock symbol) – According to Bloomberg, this is a company that markets its products to many industries, including healthcare, telecommunications, and finance.
Is the abbreviation OBJ casual or formal?
Most of the time, abbreviations are considered informal and should be reserved for casual use. Sometimes in casual emails between coworkers, one can get away with using abbreviations for different things. However, internet slang and other slang terms should be avoided. It is always best to use the full form of a phrase if one is in a formal setting such as writing a business email, negotiations, or in formal letters. This will ensure that you are perceived as professional and polite. When in doubt, steer clear of slang terms.
Overall, the trending abbreviation OBJ can be used ina plethora of different ways. You will often see things abbreviated when people are communicating via SMS text messages on their iOS, Android, or iPhone devices, as well as via social media such as Facebook posts. However, since OBJ has so many different meanings this could be very confusing. You should always opt to use the full form of the term you are trying to use to eliminate confusion in situations like this.