If you’re a die-hard fan of the popular sitcom The Big Bang, then you’re likely familiar with the number 73 — AKA the perfect number, according to Dr. Sheldon Cooper. Zero is another famous number, first used by the Sumerians nearly 5,000 years ago, as is 666, which is infamous for being the number of the Biblical beast.
88 is also well-known by some World War II buffs, but what exactly does it mean, and where did it come from? We’ll tell you.
Read on to get the scoop on the number 88 to uncover its meaning, origin, and more. Are you ready?
Let’s dive in!
What Is the Meaning Behind Number 88?
Depending on who you ask, the meaning behind the number 88 (eighty-eight) can vary. Why? Because it represents more than one thing. With this in mind, here are some of the most common definitions of 88:
- In amateur radio, the number 88 is a salutation meaning “love and kisses.”
- White supremacists (or skinheads) believe the number 88 represents the phrase “Heil Hitler” because “H” is the eighth letter in the alphabet.
- 88 is pronounced as “ba ba” in Chinese culture, which is phonetically synonymous with the English “bye-bye” — so it’s often used as a way to say farewell when texting.
- In mathematics and philosophy, the number 88 is a double lemniscate used to represent the “dual-infinity,” — AKA, the infinite and the infinitesimal.
- The number 88 is also used in the title of the 2007 thriller film “88 Minutes,” which stars Al Pacino.
- In Science, 88 is the atomic number of Radium. Mercury also completes one round around the sun in 88 days.
What Is the Spiritual Meaning of 88?
Do you believe in guardian angels or spiritual energy?
Angels and spirit guides send messages to us on a daily basis. Sometimes, we don’t even notice them because they come in unusual forms. For example, these angelic beings can speak to us through numerology.
In addition to the definitions we’ve listed previously, the number 88 is believed to be a very powerful angel number that symbolizes many things, such as:
- Good luck
- Good judgment
- Inner wisdom
If you’re someone who happens to cross paths with the number 88 on the regular, consider yourself blessed as you are on the cusp of a prosperous and abundant spiritual life.
What Is the Meaning of Angel Number?
By now, you know that 88 is an angel number — but what exactly are angel numbers, anyway?
Not to be confused with karmic numbers, angel numbers are guiding messages that we frequently encounter throughout our daily lives. Our guardian angels and spirit guides put these numbers in front of us to tell us the message associated with them.
For example — and as mentioned above — if you keep running into the number 88, the message that you are receiving from your spiritual team is one of celebration and joy. Angel number 88 is linked to financial abundance, financial stability, and financial success. In other words, it’s a sign of good fortune.
Seeing 88 repeatedly can also serve as a gentle reminder to take care of yourself as your angels continue to guide you to reach your greatest potential.
What Are Some Other Well-Known Angel Numbers?
88 is a number with very powerful vibration, but it’s not the only angel number. In fact, there are many — here are some of them and their interpretations:
- If you see the angel number 000 every day, it might be a sign of support from your spiritual team. So if you’re starting a new beginning, such as a career change, seeing 000 simply means that you’re on the right path.
- Angel number 111 is all about destiny. In other words, it means that your dreams are being manifested so keep up the hard work!
- Angel number 222 suggests that your life is out of balance and that you should look for ways to restore it.
- Keep seeing 333? This angel number implies that it’s time to lean into your creative pursuits. Don’t be nervous to color outside of the lines — your spirit guides have your back!
- Angel number 444 is associated with inner wisdom and honesty, so if you’re seeing this powerful number consistently, it could mean that your spiritual team is encouraging you to look inward for answers to the challenges you’re facing.
- When you keep seeing angel number 555, it means that there are big changes coming, and to stay strong, confident, and positive.
- If you’re seeing angel number 727 everywhere, an encounter with your twin flame could be on the horizon.
- Angel number 1313 is a powerful sign that earth angels are surrounding you as you face a difficult time in your life.
- Do you keep crossing paths with the number 808? This angel number is a message from your guardian angels that you’re about to achieve personal authority and that the path you’re on aligns with your true self.
So, what does the number 88 mean, you ask?
Simply put, it means a lot of things! From “love and kisses” to “dual-infinity,” the number 88 can mean something different depending on who you ask. It is, however, widely known as one of the most powerful angel numbers in numerology and is believed to bring abundance, stability, and ambition.
So, if you keep seeing 88 everywhere, take it as a sign that your guardian angels have your back and are in the process of guiding you to achieve your highest potential in life. In other words, the future for you is looking bright!